McAfee On-Access scanner is a virus scan security package of applications. The purpose of the On-Access is to scan and keep the system constantly secured. When you turn on your device, the McAfee On-Access scanner starts analyzing the on-going activities in the background. The McAfee activate product frees up space and prevents conflicts with certain programs. The software leaves On-Access Scan running for additional protection.
Why people are uninstalling On-Access scanner from their devices?
McAfee On-Access scanner utilizes half of the space, which makes the devices slow. It detects viruses but never finishes its scanning, and never cleans up anything, as it may not be configured correctly.
How to uninstall McAfee Activate On-Access Scanner?
1. Click on ‘start button’
2. Go to ‘control panel’
3. Select “Uninstall a Program", in the Programs section of the ‘Control Panel’
4. Press the “McAfee On-Access Scanner” option, after clicking on “Uninstall/Change” button on the top of a navigation bar. The ‘Uninstall’ confirmation box opens.
5. Click on “Yes” to confirm the removal. The program is uninstalled. When the removal is finished, a notification appears. Click on the ‘OK’ button. The On-Access scanner is uninstalled.
If you are using McAfee activate On-Access scanner on an Android device, make sure to log out your account from mcafee.com/activate page. You can then proceed with the removal of the app.
To disable McAfee On-Access Scanner, follow the steps below:
1. Launch McAfee activate on the screen
2. Click on the ‘McAfee Virus Scan Console’ option.
3. Click on ‘Access Protection’ option. The Access Protection displays on the screen.
4. Click and recheck the checkbox next to the ‘Prevent McAfee Services from Being Stopped’ optionDEL2