Market Reports On South Africa Provides the Trending Market Research Report On “South Africa Food & Grocery Retail” Under Consumer Goods Category. The Report offers a collection of South Africa Market Trends, South Africa Market Analysis, South Africa Business Trends, And South Africa Market Size And Growth.
Food & Grocery Retail in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa food & grocery retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Request a free sample copy of Food &
- The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2017 exchange rates.
- The South African food & grocery retail market had total revenues of $47.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $32.6bn, equivalent to 69.3% of the market's overall value.
- Despite South Africa suffering adverse economic conditions, this market has remained in growth. The weakening value of the rand, coupled with rising inflation, has meant that prices in this market have risen.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa food & grocery retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Africa food & grocery retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa's food & grocery retail market?
Table Of Content
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Massmart Holdings Limited 23
Pick n Pay Stores Limited 27
Shoprite Holdings Ltd 30
The SPAR Group Limited 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related Market Line research 40
About Market Line 41
our full report with Table of Content:
Market Reports on South Africa:
Market Reports on South Africa is thus the one-stop solution for theen Food & Grocery Retail market research requirements with regards to South Africa, We provide you with insight and analysis on the country’s economic outlook at the national, regional and city level, presenting a deep understanding of disparities and evolutionary paths. Get a complete, consistent and concise view of your markets with comprehensive industry reports. Our latest regional data-banks, forecasts, and detailed risk ratings will help you to identify risk and opportunities in every industry and develop strategic plans to deal with the competitiveness in South Africa’s market.
Contact us at: